If you’re headed on vacation and you want to bring along some of your favorite accessories then this easy tutorial with show you how to pack necklaces without them getting tangled in your suitcase. Check out this easy method for packing necklaces for travelling using a small towel and some elastic bands.
How to Pack Necklaces
When you start packing for a trip there is so much you want to bring, but limited space in your suitcase and carry on. In fact, with airlines charging extra fees for stowed luggage (and sometimes even a carry on bag) There is less space than ever to bring everything you need.
Here is an easy method I came up with to pack necklaces and other jewelry with loose chains. There is nothing worse than trying to free up several necklace chains that have gotten tangled together. It is soo frustrating! If you want to bring some of your favorite jewelry with you on vacation but don’t know how to pack it, try this easy technique! All you need is a soft dish towel or a piece of fabric and some hair ties. Save even more space by using an t-shirt you were planning to pack anyways and folding it into a square instead of using a towel.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for being part of Hubbard Family Travels
Supplies for Packing Necklaces
- Small towel
- Elastic bands or hair ties
Instructions for Packing Necklaces
- Start by laying out the towel and placing your jewelry on it. Leave about 4-5 inches between each item.
- Next fold the ends over
- Simple roll the entire towel up and secure it with some hair elastics. All the necklaces and bracelets are separated by the fabric. Just throw the towel in your suitcase and you are good to go!
Other Ways to Pack Jewelry
- Organize small items like earrings or rings with a pill case.
- Thread necklaces through a straw or cardboard roll. Trim the straw or roll to fit the necklace. Secure the clasp, and then wrap items in a towel for added protection.
- Keep items secure and separate with re-sealable kitchen wrap. Lay out a piece of wrap, lay jewelry out on half, and fold and press the wrap to hold items in place.
- Hook earrings through buttons or foam. Tape the backs to keep them from slipping out.
- Use a carabiner or metal O ring to hold rings or bracelets. Clip them on and keep them organized. Place the entire bundle in a zip-top bag so they don’t snag on items in your suitcase.
- For several pieces, use a tackle box or bead organizer. Most have removable compartments that allow for customizing to fit the jewelry. Place it in the bottom of the suitcase and pack around it.
More Tips for Traveling with Jewelry
When traveling, there are three main goals for jewelry — organization, protection and easy to pack. Along with the tips above, these are some other travel tips for jewelry:
- Leave expensive jewelry that you don’t need to bring with you at home.
- Carry valuables with you, in case your luggage gets lost.
- If possible, choose one statement piece to wear with everything, and wear it while traveling, so you don’t have to pack it.
How do you pack your necklaces and other jewelry for travelling?
This is awesome!!!!